HOW TO DONATE
Books, Serials, Archives, Collectables
International Institute for Sport
and Olympic History
The Library and Museum eagerly accept donations of material that are within the scope of its collections. Collectors are encouraged to send us books (such as the 16th century book by MERCURIALIS pictured above right), monographs, thesis & dissertations for the library, and medals, pins, torches, posters (such as the 1928 AMSTERDAM poster illustrated above left), artwork and collectables for the Museum. For advice on the subjects we seek, see the list in the SUBJECTS area for endowments.
Go here to see the Subject List.
A general idea on the material we are seeking can be gleaned from the following list:
- Material in ANY language, including, but not limited to English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Portugese, Flemish, Swedish, Finnish, Danish, Norwegian, Latin, Greek, Russian, Ukrainian, Serbo-Croatian, Hebrew, Arabic, Japanese, Chinese, Farsi, Sanskrit and dozens of others.
The scope of the collection is international and comprehensive.
- Thesis & Dissertations
- Bound and unbound serials
- Newspapers (hard copies or microfilm)
- Juvenile literature
- Reference books
- Archives of organizations
- Original letters of correspondance
- Ephemera (pamphlets, booklets, folders, flyers, tickets, etc).
- Miscellaneous items useful within the library (furniture, computers, microfilm and microform readers, telecommunications equipment, televisions & vcr's, dvd players, filing cabinets, map files, etc).
As a reminder --
this Institute is devoted to the major subject areas of....
History of Sport
Sport in Art
Ancient and Modern Olympic Games
and all related subject areas as determined by the Board of Directors.
- Ancient Greek & Roman artifacts such as coins, strigils, vases with painted athletic scenes.
- Antique sports equipment such as old bicycles, balls, bats, gloves, uniforms, sports shoes, protective equipment, etc.
- Statuary in bronze, resin, plaster, terracotta, etc.
- Paintings, Serigraphs, Drawings, etc.
- Photographs, prints, negatives, glass plates, etc.
- Films, movies, videos, dvd's, especially older films in need of archival preservation.
- Music, records, tapes, sheet music, choreography.
- Graphics, 16th - 19th century lithographs & prints.
- Olympic Games and sports related medals, awards, trophies.
- Olympic Games commemorative medals, participation medals, badges, etc.
- Olympic Games and sports pins.
- Olympic Games torches.
- Flags, banners, advertising.
- Olympic Games and sports memorabilia.
- Philatelic items, stamp collections, illustrated postcards.
- Numismatic collections, coins, exonumia.
- Uniforms, clothing, textiles, fashions.
- Physical education, recreation and play equipment.
- Games, chess sets, especially antique items.
The IISOH is a Pennsylvania Non-profit Educational, Literary & Research
corporation under section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code and is organized
to operate a library and museum devoted to the History of Sport, Physical Education,
Recreation, Dance, Sport in Art and the Olympic Games.
Donations are tax deductable
Links to other Institute pages
Mr. Harvey Abrams, President
International Institute for Sport and Olympic History (IISOH)
PO Box 175
State College, PA, USA 16804
The IISOH website is temporarily hosted by
This page was created January 31, 2002
This page was updated december 23, 2009